We’ve added more content to the OpenTelemetry section of the Learning Portal to help you get started:
- Java: Get Started with OpenTelemetry: How to instrument your Java services with OpenTelemetry.
- C#/Net: Get Started with OpenTelemetry: How to instrument your C# services in the NET framework with OpenTelemetry.
- Attributes, Labels, and Correlations: Use OpenTelemetry attributes, labels, and correlations to affix metadata to spans, events, metrics, and distributed contexts in order to query, filter, and further analyze trace data.
- Context and Propagation: Use OpenTelemetry context to propagate metadata across service boundaries, allowing you to correlate events in a distributed system.
- Performance Is A Shape. Cost Is A Number: Sampling: Learn how distributed tracing sampling impacts the ability to analyze observability data, using key=value restrictions for some keys and grouping the output based on other keys.