We’ve added more content to the OpenTelemtry section of the Learning Portal to help you get started:
- Java: Get Started with OpenTelemtry: How to instrument your Java services with OpenTelemtry.
- C#/Net: Get Started with OpenTelemtry: How to instrument your C# services in the NET framework with OpenTelemtry.
- Attributes, Labels, and Correlations: Use OpenTelemetry attributes, labels, and correlations to affix metadata to spans, events, metrics, and distributed contexts in order to query, filter, and further analyze trace data.
- Context and Propagation: Use OpenTelemetry context to propagate metadata across service boundaries, allowing you to correlate events in a distributed system.
- Coding for Observability: Best practices in distributed tracing for documenting the system behaviors that are expected to change along with a particular code change.
- Dimensionality in Observability: A key part of an organization’s observability strategy is creating and maintaining the ability to think about and compare applications “horizontally”.
- Performance Is A Shape. Cost Is A Number: Sampling: Learn how distributed tracing sampling impacts the ability to analyze observability data, using key=value restrictions for some keys and grouping the output based on other keys.