LightStep offers a plugin for Grafana that allows you to view LightStep Stream charts directly in Grafana. Clicking a LightStep chart in Grafana takes you directly to LightStep where you can continue your investigation.
Have more than one project?
The Grafana integration is on a per-project basis. If you want this integration for multiple LightStep projects, follow these instructions for each of your projects.
You install the plugin from the Grafana CLI using Grafana's plugin installation instructions.
The LightStep plugin is listed as
grafana-lightstep-app and is located in Git.
The LightStep plugin supports up to version 5.3.2 of Grafana.
After you install the plugin, follow these steps:
- Restart the
grafanaserver so it can discover the new plugin.
- On Grafana’s Home Dashboard, on the right, click Enable Now for the LightStep App.
- Click on the Grafana menu icon on the top left, and select Data Sources.
- On the top right, click Add data source.
- Set the name of your new data source (e.g. LightStep).
- Set the type to LightStep.
- Set your organization name.
Your organization name can be found on the Account Settings > User Settings tab of LightStep.
- Set your project name.
A list of your project names is found on the Account Settings > Project & Users tab.
- Set your API key.
Your API key is found on the Account Settings > API Key tab. You should create a separate key for this integration.
- Make sure you leave the Access setting under Advanced set to
- Hit Add at the bottom to save your new data source.