Lightstep Observability integrates with leading cloud-native technologies, metrics providers, service meshes for microservices, and enterprise data visualization and collaboration tools. These turnkey integrations make it easy to deploy Lightstep Observability across large-scale production systems so users get the unrivaled performance insights it provides when they need it and as part of their standard, established workflows.
Metric data ingest
Lightstep Observability supports metric data from many different sources. Read our integration guides to get started on a platform then search for specific metric integrations for detailed instructions, examples, and more.
- OpenTelemetry: OpenTelemetry is the unified initiative that takes the best of both OpenTracing and OpenCensus forward.
- Datadog: Ingest traces from Datadog.
- Jaeger Agent: Lightstep Observability can ingest data directly from a Jaeger Agent.
- Zipkin: Lightstep can ingest data directly from Zipkin.
- Chisel: A tooling library that comes with Lightstep and OpenTracing built in, that works with Pedestal (a popular Clojure libraries for building APIs).
These service mesh providers support Lightstep tracers to create, collect, and send span data to Lightstep Observability.
- Istio: Istio is an easy way to get quick visibility into service performance and availability.
- Envoy: Envoy supports pluggable external tracers that report to Lightstep Observability.
- NGINX: You can enable OpenTracing and Lightstep tracers for requests served by NGINX.
- AWS App Mesh: App Mesh supports third-party tools that work with Envoy, including Lightstep tracers.
- Terraform: Use Terraform to create dashboards and alerts, including pre-built dashboards for AWS alerts and managed services, GCP managed services, and Kubernetes.
- Grafana: View Lightstep data in Grafana.
- OpsGenie: Forward Lightstep Observability error notifications to Opsgenie.
- PagerDuty: Forward Lightstep Observability alerts to PagerDuty.
- Slack: Send Lightstep Observability alerts to Slack channels or workspaces.
- BigPanda: Forward Lightstep alerts to BigPanda.
- Webhooks: Lightstep offers a number of prebuilt payload templates for popular apps that you can use out of the box or edit to fit your workflow. Or you can build your own from scratch.
- Nobl9: You can use Streams as the source for setting up threshold, ratio, or error-based metrics for your SLOs.
- Okta: Allow Okta to handle user authentication, authorization, and management.
- OneLogin: Allow OneLogin to handle user authentication.
- Slack: You can share interactive previews of pages in Lightstep Observability in Slack workspace channels.