LightStep integrates with leading cloud-native technologies, service meshes for microservices, and enterprise data visualization and collaboration tools. These turnkey integrations make it easy to deploy LightStep across large-scale production systems so users get the unrivaled performance insights it provides when they need it and as part of their standard, established workflows.
- OpenTracing: LightStep tracers work with the OpenTracing API to create and send span data to the LightStep web application. See the OpenTracing Registry for details on out-of-the-box instrumentation for common packages and frameworks.
- OpenCensus: LightStep supports ingesting trace data from OpenCensus-instrumented applications via exporters.
- Jaeger Agent: LightStep can ingest data directly from a Jaeger Agent.
- Zipkin: LightStep can ingest data directly from Zipkin.
- Chisel: A tooling library that comes with LightStep and OpenTracing built in, that works with Pedestal (a popular Clojure libraries for building APIs).
Service Meshes / Proxies
These service mesh providers support LightStep tracers to create, collect, and send span data to LightStep
- NGINX: You can enable OpenTracing and LightStep tracers for requests served by NGINX.
- AWS App Mesh
LightStep integrates with these apps to monitor and alert for condition violations
- Slack: You can share interactive previews of pages in LightStep in Slack workspace channels.