The Satellite Pool report gives a high-level view of Satellite performance and status. If you’re looking for more detailed Satellite metrics, StatsD Reporting Metrics explains how to access live detailed performance metrics.
Pool report card
The Satellite Pool Overview contains Report Cards for each of your Satellite pools.
To access the report card, from the left-hand navigation choose Account > Satellites.
These report cards use traffic light indicators to provide status information at-a-glance.
The report cards contain the following information to help you keep your Satellite pools in optimal condition:
- Pool name: Allows you to distinguish between Satellite pools.
- Version: Indicates if the pool Satellite version is behind the latest release. Some newer features require minimum Satellite versions. See Satellite Release Notes for more details.
- Key Expiration: Indicates when your Satellite key will need to be renewed.
- Number of different configurations: Indicates if there are Satellites in a pool have different configuration settings. We recommend using the same configuration for all the Satellites in a given pool.
- Projects Reporting: Allows you to see, across all the Satellites in that pool, the minimum and the maximum amount of recall per project.
An em-dash (“—”) in the Min Recall and Max Recall columns indicates that the Satellite buffer is not full yet and thus a recall period cannot be calculated. This does not mean that the Satellite is not receiving spans; in fact, it means it recently received spans, just not enough
If there is a warning or an error, the color at the top of the report card will display orange or red, respectively.
To view details about the Satellites in a pool, click View Satellites from the report card.
The Satellite Details table shows similar information as the Satellite Pool Report Card but at the individual Satellite level.
In addition, the report includes the following:
- Satellite GUID: Allows you to identify an individual Satellite, as set during Satellite Configuration Parameters
- Satellite startup time: Verify the most recent time a specific Satellite started up
- Projects reporting: View which projects are reporting to this Satellite and view the amount of recall available to that project on the specific Satellite
- CPU, Cores, Memory: Verify the specifications of the host machine
- Configuration: Quickly review the configuration parameters for a specific Satellite