You did it!
To get started with Lightstep you need to:
- Create a Lightsetp account and learn the basics of the Lightstep architecture.
- Understand Lightstep Satellites. Satellites ingest 100% of the telemetry data, then analyze it and send important data to Lightstep. Satellites use access tokens to determine which Lightstep project to report to.
- Instrument your app. Using OpenTelemetry Launchers is a quick way to get data into Lightstep. You can further instrument your app at the service level to dig into areas where you need more visibility.
- View and analyze the telemetry data in Lightstep. Because 100% of the data is collected and outliers are sent to Lightstep, you can discover hard to find issues fast.
Don’t stop now! Go ahead and do the following:
- Add more instrumentation (like tags and deployment markers) to your forked version of the Hipster app and watch how adding more data to Lightstep makes it even more valuable!
- Add workflow links that allow users to jump out of Lightstep and into other tools seamlessly.
- Go through additional Learning Paths to see in more detail how to use Lightstep to quickly find issues.