When you send your metric and telemetry data to Lightstep, Change Intelligence can correlate deviations in your metric data to changes in system performance across service boundaries, allowing you to pinpoint the root cause quickly, without having to leave Lightstep. This Learning Path will show you how to send your metric data to Lightstep, instrument your services to send telemetry, and then find issues in your system using dashboards and charts for your metrics.
You’ll learn how to:
- Send metric data from Datadog to Lightstep
- Use Lightstep OpenTelemetry Launchers to instrument your services to send telemetry data into Lightstep.
- Create a dashboard and chart to view metric data.
- Use Change Intelligence to see how it improves developer workflows by making it easier to identify and resolve issues in deep, distributed systems.
Before You Begin
You’ll need the following to complete this Learning Path:
A Lightstep account. Lightstep offers a free Developer Tier account. If you don’t already have an account, you can sign up here.
If you company already has an account, click Join an existing team in the Sign Up dialog.
- The Lightstep access token for your project.
- Metrics from Datadog or other metric vendors.
- An app with services generating metrics. If you don’t have one, you can follow along with the screenshots in the Learning Path.