You did it!
In this Learning Path, you set up your on-call team for success and made LightStep even more efficient by:
- Using tags in instrumentation that provide information about the spans they are reporting on. Tags can provide information about versions, errors, environments, infrastructure, customers, anything that may provide context when investigating regressions.
- You can create alerts in Lightstep. The alerts are configurable and can send messages to tools like Slack to make sure those who need to know are notified immediately. Because Lightstep analyzes 100% of your telemetry data, you know you won’t miss any outliers.
- Information in alert messages includes links back into Lightstep where you can start the investigation process.
- You can create dynamic links on the Trace view that navigate to other tools to help in the remediation process. The links can use variables that take their value from the span they are associated with, allowing you to create one link that dynamically populates with the correct parameters for the span.
- The Deployments page on the Service Health view shows you immediately if a deployment has caused a regression.
You’re all set! Your on-call team will now be even more efficient, greatly reducing the time it takes to investigate and resolve any regressions!