You did it!
In this Learning Path, you went from observing latency on a customer-facing service to using the RCA tools to find the root cause deep in the system.
Remember the following next time you’re wondering about latency in your deep system:
- Lightstep shows you the health of Key Operations on your services. In a glance, you can see when issues are affecting these operations, even when it’s not caused by the service they belong to.
- You can use the latency RCA tools to compare data from a regression to when the service was performing as expected.
- The histogram shows you how severe the problem is.
- The Compare Tags table helps you correlate tags with spans that may be causing the latency.
- The Operation diagram provides a visual map of a request through your system, highlighting operations with high latency.
- The Compare Operations table shows you the operations whose performance has changed the most during the regression.
- The Trace view shows you the critical path of a request through your system with the duration of each operation. You can quickly see the bottleneck. Data for each span helps you verify your hypothesis.